CV of Zhang Lei
Associate Professor, Institute of European Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), China
Education and Experience
Visiting Researcher, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Brussels, 10/2013-01/2014
The Academy of International Trade and Investment Law, the Institute of European Studies of Macau, 7/2011
Ph. D. in Political Theory (Law degree), School of Government, Peking University, 9/2006-7/2010
Stagiaire/Intern, European Parliament (Brussels), 9/2009-11/ 2009
Visiting Research Student, Government Department,
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK, 2007-2008
M.A.in Political Theory (Law degree),School of Government,Peking University, 9/2004-7/2006
European Parliament, European Union Politics, European Party Politics
Chinese: native Mandarin speaker.
Publications & Writing
• Monograph: The Political Groups in the European Parliament, Peking University Press, 2013.
(Prefaced by the former President of the European Parliament, Jerzy Buzek)
• “Inter-parliamentary Co-operation Mechanism in the Political System of the European Union: Developments and Influences”, Journal of International Studies, No.3, 2015.
• "An Analysis on the European Elections in 2014", Working Paper Series on European studies, Institute of European Studies, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Vol. 9, No.3, 2015.
• “2014 European Parliamentary Election: A European Election or Second-order National Elections?”
Chinese Journal of European Studies, Vol.32, No.4, 2014
(Cited by International Politics, Information Centre for Social Sciences, RUC, No. 12, 2014; and also by Chinese Social Sciences Digest, No.12, 2014)
• “The Transformation of the EU Co-decision Procedure-with Trilogues as an Example”,
Chinese Journal of European Studies, Vol.31, No.2, 2013.
• “The EU’s External Relations with Macau since the Return of Macao to Mainland China”, paper presented at the roundtable conference, “Studies on Macao Special Economic Zone’s External Exchange: Retrospect and Prospect”, Macau, August 2012.
• “European Union’s Youth Policy: a Perspective on Participation”, paper presented at the “EU-China Youth Dialogue”, Brussels, March 2012.
• “The Coalition Formation and Competition of Political Groups in the European Parliament under the background of European Integration”, in the Society of European Integration Studies of Chinese Association of European Studies ed., The Study on the History of European Integration: New Ideas, New Methods, New Frameworks, World Publishing Corporation, 2012.
• “Clashes between National Interests and Ideology: A Study on the Cohesion of the Political Groups in the European Parliament”, Chinese Journal of European Studies, Vol.29, No.3, 2011.
• “The Treaty of Lisbon and the Political Development of the EU”, in Keynote Report “The Treaty of Lisbon and the Future of the EU” in Zhou Hong ed. Annual Development Report of Europe (2010-2011), Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2011.
• “Complex Social Changes Activate the Extreme Right in Europe”, People's Daily, 14 Oct. 2010.
• “The European Parliament and the Treaty of Lisbon: Dynamics, Innovations and Challenges”,
Chinese Journal of European Studies, Vol.28, No.3, 2010.
• “The Main Dimension of Politics in the European Parliament”,
Chinese Journal of European Studies, Vol.28, No.1, 2010.
• “The Rising of the Extreme Right in Western Europe”,
Centre for European Studies of Peking University Working paper, 10/2006.
• Tel: 85195739, Email: email@example.com